Donate to relief programs in Greece supported by The Hellenic Initiative Australia
The current COVID-19 induced economic and social challenges are a set back to the slow but steady path to recovery that Greece was experiencing.
THI Australia will remain by Greece’s side and we invite the Greek Diaspora to join us.
We are proud to be providing relief to many vulnerable communities through our programs that are delivered by eight outstanding NGOs in Greece.
- Axion Hellas provides medical services to the remote island communities.
- Boroume collects fresh produce across 29 local farmers’ markets in Athens and Thessaloniki, and redistributes the produce to soup kitchens, shelters and families in need.
- Doctors of the World Greece provides vulnerable people in Athens with access to basic health needs.
- Desmos delivers programs encouraging volunteerism and the importance of being an active citizen, to the classrooms of hundreds of schools.
- Emfasis supports the homeless and rough sleepers in Athens and Piraeus.
- Pedtrauma sources medical equipment for hospitals and health centres across Greece to save the lives of thousands young children.
- SOS Children’s Villages provides disadvantaged children in Patras access to educational support and daily meals.
- Tipping Point enables students at disadvantaged schools in Greece to access career advice through their innovative online mentor program.
THI Australia is also a part of long-term initiatives to enable the emergence of a strong and sustainable Greece.
With your encouragement and involvement, THI Australia can continue to provide hope for the future of Greece and its people.
Please consider making an online gift.
Donate by EFT
You can make a direct transfer to our Bank
Account Name: The Hellenic Initiative Australia Foundation Ltd
BSB: 942 301 Account Number: 1389261
Please include your name in the reference details of the payment.
If you wish to discuss other opportunities to support the work of The Hellenic Initiative Australia, please contact Stergitsa Zamagias-Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations directed to relief programs received by The Hellenic Initiative Australia Foundation (ABN 99 623 313 888) are tax deductible.